How to Transfer Hosting of Website
Domain and Hosting can be with different hosts.
Use a Web hosting provider that uses cPanel to make it easy to transfer.
The following steps are required to transfer hosting to a new host:
Step 1 :- Create a Full Backup of your website
1. Go to cPanel of your account and
Create a Full Backup of your website including your
My SQL database, emails, all other files and databases.
The two primary ways of doing it are :
1. You can do backup through backup wizard option on your cPanel
2. Through phpMyAdmin and exporting your, My SQL database and exporting the files through public_html folder.
Download the backup to your computer.
Step 2 :- Add Domain
1. Go to new hosting cPanel.
2. Go to Add on Domain option.
3. Copy the domain name of your website and paste it in domain name option.
4. Click on Add domain.
5. A folder of your domain name will be created in the public_html folder.
Step 3 :- Upload the files and database on the new host
Go to cPanel of your new host and upload all the files, databases on your new host.
You have primarily two ways of doing it :
1. Through backup wizard option and restoring.
2. Through restoring My SQL database and uploading files in your domain name folder, in the public_html folder.
Step 4 :- Update the Name servers, Changing the DNS
Never forget to change the DNS and updating the name servers.
You need to get the New DNS from your new hosting provider and replace the old one.
The parties are advised to contact their respective website developers to know more about the process of transfer hosting.
The information given in this article may or may not be up to date, and the steps and process may vary according to the registrar policies. The concerned parties are therefore urged to contact their respective registrars to know more about the transfer process.